Subject: Video Artist?
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 15:07:10 -0800

Has anybody heard about, played with, or used the Reveal Video Artist
hardward?  I just ran across it at my local Circuit City, but I only had
a moment to examine it.  It appears to a video-capture, non-linear
editor, and MPEG-playback-directly-to-video kinda system.

I'm specifically interested to know if anybody has used it with LightWave
animation frames, and how good the output quality is.  It was retailing for
$449 there, and the demo video they were playing looked *really* good.  Now,
I know that YMMV and invariably does, but if it is a viable alternative to
a PVR for non-broadcast quality, then I might be interested in picking one up.

Thanks for your replies.

Render me gone,               |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
Bob Hood, President | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
Virtual Visions,Inc.| Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not
Tel: 1.303.989.4191 | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
FAX: 1.303.727.7555 | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
                    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
[email-masked]    | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------